Tuesday, November 17, 2009

North Shore Baseball: Summer 2004 / 2005


Please click on the above image to see a larger version of the written text.
During the summer of 2004 / 2005 I played Sydney Major League baseball with North Shore Baseball Club. I have managed to locate my 1st grade pitching statistics from then, and considering I was playing park baseball during the winter, it was a step-up participating in so many 1st grade games, only two or three months later. Having so many excellent fielders behind me, like Daniel Glynn, Josh Sidwell, Rick McKnight, and Paul Bergan made life a lot easier, as I am by definition a ground ball pitcher. We didn't win as many games as we would have liked that season, but when I look at my own statistics, they are actually better than I remember. Throwing one complete game was special, an ERA of 6.25 wasn't too bad considering I threw 31.67 innings, and struck out 15 1st grade players. But having one precious win next to my name, that probably means the most to me. So many team mates have gone in new directions since that season, but I got to share that summer with them, and I hope they are all still enjoying baseball, either playing or watching the game.